Hello guys :). I have been tagged by Anette from http://livingtherepurposefullife.blogspot.co.uk/ to do the Liebster Blog Award, I was delighted to be tagged to do this as I have read a lot of these tags and I quite enjoy them!
In order to complete this tag I must: Post 11 things about myself.
Answer the 11 questions set by the person I was tagged by.
Create a further 11 questions for the people I tag to answer.
Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them.
Tell the 11 bloggers who have been tagged.
So here it goes! Here are 11 facts about myself:
- In my spare time I row! It isn't the most glamorous of sports, my hands are always blistered and sore. But I really enjoy the competitiveness of the sport, I get such an adrenalin rush during races, so I guess despite all the boring training and sore hands it is quite worth it!
- I have two Guinea Pigs, they are called Fifi and Lola.
- I'm scared of dogs! It's pathetic, I know, when I visit my best friends house I make her shut her dogs off in a separate section of her kitchen. It is a fear I really need to overcome!
- I have a massive girl crush on Lana Del Rey, I think she is gorgeous and I really do love her music. I think I know every song word for word!
- I am such a bookworm! I just love reading, I read whenever I can, before bed, when I wake up in the morning, on the train and any other time I can!
- I have just completed my GCSE's and will be returning to school in a couple of weeks to study A-Level's in Psychology, English Literature, IT and Philosophy & Ethics.
- I am a complete neat freak! All my books on my bookshelf are arranged by author and are roughly in alphabetical order, all my nail polishes are stored in colour order etc...
- I am a typical girly girl, my favourite colour is pink, and the majority of the things I own would appear to be pink!
- I'm seeing Professor Green live on the 20th October, I am already really excited!
- I am really boring in that I would rather sit an eat a bowl of fruit than a bar of chocolate.
- My favourite film as a child was Lilo and Stitch - I still watch it now if I am having a bad day to cheer me up!
1. How and when did you start blogging and why?
I began blogging in June this year, I had been watching a lot of beauty vlogs on YouTube and it inspired me to begin writing my own blog.
2. What's the best beauty tip or trick you have learned recently?
I was told a few weeks ago that nails which have been stained by nail polishes should be dipped into half of a lemon and held there for a few minutes to brighten the nails. I haven't tried this yet but I definitely will at some point!
3. Do you have a beauty confession?
At night I always take care to make sure all the makeup on my skin has been removed, but, I hate to admit that often I can't be bothered with thoroughly taking of mascara and eye makeup and just leave it on!
4. What's your favourite item in your wardrobe at the moment?
I have been wearing this hoodie from Gilly Hicks a lot recently, as the evenings have started to get cooler I find this so comfortable and warm and I also love the colour - bright pink!
5. Food you can't live without?
This is a difficult one! But I am going to say frozen yoghurt, I am just always eating it, it's so tasty!
6. Do you have a signature scent?
This summer I have been wearing Calvin Klein's Eternity Moment perfume a lot, I have a blog post about it here.
7. What's the colour of your nail polish at the moment?
I am currently wearing 'Sophie's Pink' by Models Own, but I really need to re-paint my nails.
8. Top three fashion stores?
I have always been a fan of Jack Wills and Topshop, but I have also been loving Gilly Hicks recently.
9. What is the accessory you can't do without?
I am always wearing two rings, one was my granddad's great aunt's engagement ring and the other is a gift a cousin sent to me from their home in Australia, they are both really important to me and I wouldn't be without them.
10. Which season do you prefer the most?
Autumn has always been my favourite season.
11. What are your beauty and fashion musts for the upcoming Autumn/Winter season?
My fashion musts include an army jacket and plenty of chunky, granddad cardigans. My beauty musts will include plenty of nice, nourishing lip balms/moisturising lipsticks as my lips tend to get very dry during cooler months.
My 11 questions!
- What is your biggest beauty pet peeve?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What is your favourite shade of nail polish?
- What have been your beauty musts for spring/summer?
- What will be your beauty musts for autumn/winter?
- What is your favourite colour lipstick?
- What is your favourite makeup brand?
- What is the most important thing in your handbag/purse?
- What is your favourite foundation?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favourite food?
Who I tag for this blog award!
We Love Swatches: http://weloveswatches.blogspot.co.uk/
Heatherann's Beauty Stash: http://heatherannsbeautystash.blogspot.co.uk/
Viola Beauty: http://violabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
Abundance of Erica: http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.co.uk/
Peace Love and Shimmer: http://peaceloveandshimmer.blogspot.co.uk/
Vicki's Beauty Blog: http://vickisbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Gillian, etc: http://www.gillianetc.com/2012_06_01_archive.html
The Beauty Mist: http://thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk/
Underscore Bethany: http://underscorebethany.blogspot.co.uk/
Dime Piece on a Dime: http://www.dimepieceonadime.com/